Thursday, October 11, 2012

I'm Back!

Holy Cow - where do I start?  The past 6 weeks have been unquestionably the hardest 6 weeks of my life.  And by now, you all know why.


















I took that picture such a long time ago when I was still feeling great and had all sorts of grand plans to take fun pictures every week to document this pregnancy, but sadly that positive test is the only picture in my Baby #2 folder on the computer so far. 

I am slowly starting to improve and I have high hopes that within the next week or two I will be back to my normal self again.  I still have issues in the evenings but it's nothing compared to how bad it was a few weeks ago and I am usually feeling great in the mornings now so definitely an improvement :)  Maybe by my Birthday I'll be done with the catheter/pump and can go out for a real celebration!

So on to the numbers
  • How far along: I am currently 12.5 weeks
  • Due Date: April 22nd - Amen to a spring baby!  I don't think I can handle being big pregnant in the summer again
  • Baby's Heartbeat: 170.   More towards the high end of the scale but that's exactly how Benjamin was. 
  • Weight: I'm actually down 11lbs so as soon as my appetite comes back - it's ON! I definitely feel like even though I've lost some weight, I'm finding it hard to button pants so I've resorted to the rubber band trick which is a lot sooner than I had to the first time around. 
I know I speak for David too when I say how grateful we are that we have so many friends and family that were willing to help out and offer loving words and support.  We had so many offers to watch Benjamin which was a life saver for David, he was basically a single parent for over a month because I was literally confined to the bathroom or the bed.  I really do have an amazing support system, from flowers to fun little surprises in the mail, it all helped more than you know.

I will definitely try to get caught up and start posting regularly again.  I missed getting on here and sharing what's been going on in the Carter house :)

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you all and SOOO glad you are feeling better! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete