Monday, January 14, 2013

Fruit and Veggie Wash

For those on Pinterest you might have already seen this...but maybe just haven't tried it yourself.  And I will say that you totally should!

I've seen a lot of the water/vinegar wash pins for fruits and veggies.  This is my second go at it.  Last time I did it in the sink with apples but this time I didn't have a ton of fruit so I just used a big bowl.  I did 1 cup Vinegar and 4 cups of water and let the strawberries and grapes soak for about 15-20 min.

Here's a before picture of the fruit


















During their bath


















And after


















Pretty crazy to see how dirty that water was :(  But those berries sure are pretty now :)

I've heard doing the vinegar wash is supposed to help the life of berries.  Sometimes it seems like I only have a batch of strawberries in the fridge for a couple of days before they start to get furry so I'm hoping this helps keep them fresh a little longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment