Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Fun

I finally got around to some serious planting this weekend...
Take a look at our beautiful cacti collection :)


















Davids sister Jessica did a project of her own and had several cacti left over so she passed them our way, it took me a while to find the "perfect" bowl for the cluster potting.  I actually found that silver bowl in the food section at Target.  I seriously looked all over the place and almost started to give up hope that I'd find something I loved...leave it to Target to come to my rescue :)

I should NOT be allowed to have house plants - I've never been good at keeping them alive.  But these suckers only need to be watered once a month and from what I read are pretty hard to kill.  If these things die I'm serious...don't let me around plants ever again because I clearly don't know what I'm doing.  I feel like I kill them by just looking in their direction.  So keep your fingers crossed I can keep these babies going.

David and I did a little goodwill shopping on Sunday and you know I love to show off some of the stuff we find :)
I found a ton of 9 month long sleeved perfect condition onesies for Ally.  There were so many that I had to cut myself off and only pick a handful.  I also found some sleepers, skirts, bibs and a tag blanket.  David found some shorts for Benjamin - total for all of this was only $18 - not too shabby!
 

















And here's a sneak peek at Benjamin's new big boy room.























We still have a few finishing touches to do before we can say it's 100% done so I'll hold off on more pictures until it's completely ready.  We went with a preppy nautical vibe.  Benjamin transitioned like a champ.  I seriously need to give that kid more credit than I do, I worried myself for a couple of weeks leading up to the switch wondering how he was going to do not only in a new bed but a new room too.  But this kid is extremely adaptable! He's been sleeping in there for a week now and we've had no issues - hasn't skipped a beat.  Even goes down for his naps just fine :) Please keep your fingers crossed that Ally is as great of a sleeper as Benjamin!

Speaking of Ally, I had my 32 week appt. today and I'm measuring right on track which is different from the last appt.  Two weeks ago I was measuring pretty big but this week I'm right where I should be.  My Dr. said baby girl must have been stretched out from head to toe at the last appt. making me measure FOUR weeks ahead of where I should have been.  Or maybe I just ate too much that day - which is a very good possibility :) Either way she still wants to do an ultrasound in two weeks to see if we can get a good idea of how big Miss Ally Rae is. Fine with me, I won't pass up a chance to take a look inside at little Miss Thang!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone is getting ready for Ally. I love Benjamin's room. I believe if you two wanted to give up what you do, you could easily go into Interior Decorating. Love to all, Grandma.

    ReplyDelete