Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Benjamin

We have a VERY active boy on our hands. And it's starting to become a challenge finding things to stimulate the little grubster. I tried to get creative and make my own toy with pipe cleaners and clothespins. I thought it would entertain him for at least 10 min. But I was sadly mistaken.

Here is my fabulous creation














And then 2 min. later....














And then 1 more minute...














It's like he was looking at me saying, Ok-I pulled all of those weird furry stick things out of the bowl with holes, now what's next?

Next on the list of things to try, make home made play dough. David and I finally got around to it last weekend and it seems to be a hit.

It was actually super easy to make. And I already had everything needed to make it. Flour, vegetable oil, salt and cream of tarter. Don't ask me why I already had cream of tarter. It must have been from a recipe a while back b/c I don't remember buying it :)




























My cute little helper














Speaking of cute little helper, doesn't he look like an elf in this picture















Ok, back to the play dough...
Why did I struggle so long with what colors to use? I have two sets of food coloring, primary colors and then a neon set. I decided to go with neon green and neon blue after several unnecessary minutes of deliberation, I guess it was the libra in me-I'm terrible with decisions:)





























After he realized play dough does not taste good he had fun with it :) I've gotten it out a few times since we made it. So A+ for play dough :)

Next up-finger paint. We'll probably try that this coming weekend. I'll be sure to take a ton of pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment