Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Eckerts Strawberry Festival

We went to the Eckerts in Belleville IL last weekend.  I've been strawberry picking before but I'm pretty sure it was about 15-18 years ago so it's been awhile.  I was pretty excited to take Benjamin, I thought he'd have fun actually picking the strawberries but he really didn't seem that interested.  He might have picked 3, maybe 4 and that was about it.  He was more concerned about his animal crackers...of course.


























It was blazing hot, even though we were in the fields by 9:30am.  I thought we'd be spared from the heat by going super early but last Saturday was brutal, it didn't matter what time of the day it was-it was HOT!

























But we powered through it and picked some good berries

























After the picking, we decided to take a break and check out the country store and soak in some A/C. 

























Then a quick walk over to the Kids Farm.   They had Carnival rides, a mini train, pony's, petting zoo etc.
I was really excited when I saw the camel.  And even more excited that David had quarters for the food machine

























Benjamin thought it was hilarious
























Apparently the goats were pretty hungry too.  They were staring Benjamin down!


























With all the fun stuff around, I was so surprised by how much Benjamin was obsessed with this little bridge/tunnel.  All he wanted to do was run back and forth through it.


























We capped the visit off with the one and only carnival ride of the day.  It started off ok.  I thought he was getting pretty excited about it. 

























He only got around one full time, but that was it.  I think he thought his world was going to end.  He was NOT a happy camper


























Despite the carnival ride mishap, it was still a great time. 

I went home and used all the strawberries for a pie...YUM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment