Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Just a few more days...

We're leaving for FL in THREE days!!! Can you believe it? I can't!!!  It's a mix of emotions for me.  I'm excited because hello...it's a beach vacation, of course I'm excited.  But at the same time I'm really nervous.  Our first family beach vacation last year was a hot mess, I keep telling myself there is no way we'd have a repeat but what if...
What if the weather turns out to be a disaster?  At least this time around we're going in May instead of Sept so we should be clear from hurricane season.
What if the car craps out again?  We had it fixed last year after we got back but the thought is still in the back of my mind.

I'm trying really hard to think positive thoughts.  I was even proactive over the weekend and started to pack.  I'm completely packed and so is Benjamin :)  I plan to do as much through out the week as possible so getting out the door Friday night should be a piece of cake. 

Benjamin loved the beach for the short 2 days that we were in SC last summer so I'm guessing he'll have a blast in Destin too.  The sand will be a lot different though.  The sand in Hilton Head was hard and compact, the sand in Destin is going to be super fine and soft. 
For some extra sand practice, we've been out in the sand box pretty much every day lately.  You would think that Benjamin would have learned by now that sand in the mouth is gross, but he'll still occasionally fill a bucket up and try to drink it.  Is this what it means when people say boys will be boys?  Because I just don't get it?!?

Let's also not forget about the rocks...apparently they taste just as good.
 Just lounging around

























And just because this picture cracks me up...I figured I had to share :)
He looks so intense!

1 comment:

  1. You guys will have a blast! I am so jealous. Enjoy every minute-- I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete