Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Time to get Serious

I put my tennis shoes on last week and went for my first post pregnancy run and let me tell ya...it was the hardest 2 miles I've ever done. I guess that's what happens when you've been out of the exercise game for almost a year! I ran until I was almost 8 months along with Benjamin but you all know Ally's pregnancy was a lot different so that didn't happen the second time around :(

But I'm so very excited to get back into it and hopefully get in better shape than I was before Allys AND Benjamin's pregnancies! I'd like to incorporate more weight lifting this time around.  My arms could use some serious definition so I'll prob. alternate cardio and weights on my daily work outs.

David is taking me to Fleet Feet to get properly fitted for some running shoes - I'm extremely excited about it.  I think the right pair of shoes can make a huge difference and I'm hoping it will help with some of the hip pain I have after running. Dang, I just felt real old talking about hip pain :)

I updated my ipod workout playlist to keep me motivated in those moments when I just want to give up.  Some of the songs that I turn up to keep me going:
Push It - Salt n Pepa (oldie but definitely a goodie)
Dog Days Are Over- Florence and the Machine
Feel Again - One Republic
Sail - Awolnation
Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris
Adorn - Miguel 
Beggin' - Madcon
Thunderstruck - ACDC

I'm always looking to add more though so if you have any suggestions - let me know :)

And since I'm going to track my progress on here - I want to be able to look back and SEE any sort of changes made so here is my starting point picture (maybe next time I'll remember to take the picture before I run/work out so I'm not looking like such a hot mess)

No comments:

Post a Comment