Sunday, September 8, 2013

How did this happen

How in the world do I have a 3 year old?  I just don't know where the time went.

I saw some fun balloon ideas on pinterest so I decided to hang some balloons on Benjamins door Thursday night so that he would start his Birthday off right away Friday morning.  I had visions of him busting through the wall of balloons laughing and having fun but in reality I could barely get him to even come out of his room and when he did he said it was scary, we cut the video when he said he had "wet pants" so clearly it wasn't exactly the reaction I was hoping for but I guess it's a little funny to look back at.


After he ate breakfast and got dressed he seemed to be in a slightly better mood

































We asked him what he wanted for his special Birthday dinner Friday night and here is his list of requests
Pizza
Grilled Cheese
Tiger Cereal (aka Frosted Flakes)
Pancakes
Sprinkles
Knowing him I wouldn't be surprised if he actually could eat all of that in one sitting :) But we kept it simple and just stuck with pizza. 

Everyone had on their party hats after dinner :)



























I found a bubble leaf blower on clearance as a last minute gift and I'm so happy I picked it up because he was definitely excited about it.

































I wish I had a better picture of his ice cream before he blew the candles out but he was so excited and I just wasn't fast enough.  But at least I got a pretty cute after shot


















































Saturday we got up bright and early and went to the zoo.  I was so excited about it and had all sorts of plans to take Benjamin to the childrens zoo to pet the goats, take him to Build A Bear and maybe even watch the sea lion show but someone was EXTRA grumpy and we actually cut the visit super short.  I'm kinda of wondering if he wasn't feeling so great (maybe too much pizza and ice cream the night before) because he just didn't seem to be acting like his normal goofy self
We were at least able to ride the train and see some monkeys before we had to leave



















































































I love this little man to pieces and I love seeing him grow and learn every single day.  He definitely keeps us on our toes but he's sooo smart and can be super sweet. I can't wait to see what this next year brings us!


1 comment: