Friday, April 13, 2012

Front door makeover

I love the look of an accent color on the front door.  We have a couple of houses in our neighborhood with a fun color on the front door instead of plain white.  I decided I wanted to paint our front door but really didn't know what color.  I used to absolutely hate our blue siding but it's actually grown on me over the years.  I kind of gives me a beachy cottage vibe, especially when we hang a couple of ferns on the front porch.  With that in mind, I thought a light yellow might look super cute.  Key word being "light".  Boy was I off with my paint swatch :(  I painted two coats and after it dried I took a step in the front yard to look at my wonderful painted door and had to choke back the tears.  It looked like someone threw lemonade on our front door and lite it on fire.  It was WAY brighter than I pictured.  But my free time is extremely limited and I didn't have the time to repaint it right away so it's actually been a few weeks and just like the siding, it's starting to grow on me.  Especially since the screen door is on instead of the glass door.  I think the screen helps mute the blazing "in your face" yellow.  So for now I'm going to leave it alone.

Anyway, here it is...
 David and I have also decided there's way too much green going on.  We need to add more color to our landscaping plan.  I'm bad with plants though so I'm not sure what we're going to do yet.

Now I just need to get in gear and find the time to make a fun wreath for the front door :)

No comments:

Post a Comment