Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Loads Of Fun

He He, such a clever title for my laundry post :)

Ever since becoming a home owner I've had dreams of a dedicated laundry room full of cute wicker baskets, counters for folding and lots of storage.  Unfortunately the laundry set up at the old house in Florissant was less than desirable.  The washer and dryer were downstairs against the unfinished basement walls.  It was always cold and dark.  I never liked being down there because lets face it, unfinished basements are where serial killers like to hang out and I was always just waiting for someone to pop out of the corner to try and steal me. 

Lucky for me our current house has main floor laundry so I don't worry about serial killers (as much)  BUT it's not a laundry room.  More like a laundry closet.  We briefly talked about adding a room downstairs for laundry and moving the washer and dryer to the basement to free up more closet space upstairs but we decided against it. Since the laundry closet is here to stay we decided to spruce it up a bit and make it more user friendly.
I can't believe I'm going to post this horrendous before picture because it's embarrassingly ugly but I think it needs to be done so you get the full effect of the after shot.
BEFORE

































I know...YIKES!  That is one scary closet.

So let's hurry up and move past that and look at the fun AFTER shot


 David asked me why I felt the need to add signs and decorate the laundry closet because 90% of the time the doors are closed and we don't see it...clearly he doesn't know who he's dealing with here :)  Of course I want to decorate it.  Next on my list...our master closet, because it deserves to be pretty too-right? :)

The total cost of this face lift was pretty minimal.  The paint was bought sometime last year in the "ooops" section for $5.  I actually like it so much that I think I want to paint the master bath with it.  It's more of a grayish blue in person, the flash is bouncing off the walls making it look brighter than it really is.
The artwork was ordered from Etsy. I'm kind of obsessed with Etsy, so many creative people selling amazing stuff.

 Just one more project we can cross of the list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment