Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Jazzed up Dresser

We move pretty slow around here.  I believe it was back in Feb. that David found a dresser for our bedroom at an antique store.
Well it wasn’t until last weekend that the top was finally cleared from piles of clothes that needed folding, mail,  and all sorts of other random items.
Now it's finally starting to look put together.  I know there are snooty decorators out there that will say fake flowers are a major NO NO, but I don’t care.  Those hydrangea’s will last for as long as I want them to last and I think they’re pretty!  The chevron box is where I’m keeping some of my favorite Birchbox samples.  The glass jar has sand and shells from our recent FL trip. I have intentions on putting a FL picture instead of a wedding pic. in the 5x7 frame, but I’m kind of slacking on getting those printed.  So the wedding picture will have to do for now. 




































I got the mirror idea from pinterest.  It was extremely cheap and easy to do (my kinda project).  The door mirrors were $5 each from Target and it took David probably less than 5 min. to hang them up.  

Looking at this picture kind of makes me think there's too much beige going on in our room.  Maybe I need to paint :) And I definitely want to add some color with  new curtains.  I just haven't found anything that I love yet.  I'm hoping something will pop up on clearance at Target sometime soon!

Moving on to something completely different...
David has been talking about kayaks for a good chunk of time, he finally found one that seemed to be a good deal and snatched it up.  I know he's going to roll his eyes when he sees that I posted this picture but it just shows how happy he was the night he brought it home so I feel the need to share :)  It makes me laugh every time I look at it.

 He took it out right after work today so it was just me and Benjamin.  We made spaghetti with turkey meatballs with loads of parm cheese :)




























I got to have dinner all alone with this little guy and I loved every minute of it!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment