Sunday, June 3, 2012

Weekend Recap

ughhhh...I can't believe the weekend is coming to an end already :( I'm never a fan of Sunday nights, as usual I didn't finish everything I wanted to get done this weekend. 

Friday we didn't do much.  I did a Michaels run to buy some supplies for a cute work out tank top (pictures to come) and then did a little reading.  I'm about half way through the last Hunger Games book.  So Good!

Saturday morning we checked out a couple subdivision garage sales.  I found a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag for ONE DOLLAR! Those suckers are usually over a $100.  It's grey and pink so clearly it's for a baby girl but I couldn't pass it up for a buck. 

The big find that I was most excited about was this pottery barn looking mirror for $2.
I haven't decided where to put it yet. I'm thinking somewhere in our bedroom or the spare bedroom. 




























See what I mean...
Same concept, but mine is $247 cheaper than the pottery barn version.  

David found some sort of yard tool.  I think it's for sod plugs, he was pretty excited about it. 
After that we took Benjamin for a bike ride, he is not fond of bike helmets which is weird considering he wore a helmet for almost 24hours a day for a few months.  I guess he forgot all about that.

David made a new washer game that we discovered while in TX.  He finished putting it together on Saturday.  He was anxious to use it so he invited his Dad and Katie over for a BBQ Sat. night
































































I made an angel food cake so we capped off the BBQ with some strawberry short cake
YUM!




























Sunday (today) is my Mom's Bday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM :)
I was so happy to meet for breakfast this morning, although I was full for the rest of the day. 
I made some Key Lime Pie Fudge for a Bday treat and I must say...it is pretty darn good.  Here's the recipe but you've been warned!  I am not to blame if you eat the whole batch all by yourself.




























I guess I should call it a night and try to get some sleep before the dreaded Monday morning comes around.  But I know I'm going to end up getting sucked in to my book and I'll end up with another midnight bedtime :(

No comments:

Post a Comment