Wednesday, August 29, 2012

From the Kitchen

I knew I wanted to make something out of the apples we picked but wasn't sure what.  David suggested home made apple sauce and I figured why not.  I found a crock pot recipe and it was super easy.  The worst part was peeling and coring 4lbs of apples.  Other than that it was a breeze.
  • 4lbs of apples
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 cup water
Add it all together in a crock pot and let it go on high for about 3.5 hours.  I used a hand mixer to blend it all together at the end.  
 Moving on to breakfast...

I found a pin on pinterest about making breakfast burritos and freezing them for later on and since I'm still on my semi organic / all natural kick I figured this would be a great alternative to some of the frozen breakfast meals you buy in the freezer section. 
I sauteed mushrooms, onions, red pepper and spinach then added 6 beaten eggs to make veggie scrambled eggs, threw it all in a tortilla with some shredded cheese and that's it!




























My 6 scrambled egg mixture made 5 burritos - perfect breakfast for the work week :)
Oh, I forgot to mention to individually wrap each one with cling wrap before putting in the freezer.




































My friend Stacy from work made mini Frittata's and they were so cute and sooo good! I decided to try them out myself and they were just as easy as the burritos.
Same Veggies sauteed, same amount of eggs but this time the mixture was poured in cupcake molds sprinkled with goat cheese baked at 350 for 15min.  Thanks Stacy for the inspiration!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment