Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend Recap

David and I decided to do a weekend getaway at the Lake. A big shout out to all our baby sitters! Benjamin was in good hands all weekend and we had a relaxing time filled with good food, movies, shopping, and wine :)
We stayed at Lands End, which is new to us. Normally we stay at the Towers if we're going to rent a condo but David found a pretty good deal at Lands End so that's where we ended up. The place was great...but we had a very weird room-mate.

Do you see anything out of place with this picture?














It's a creepy doll up in the cabinets. What the heck!?! I don't know if it's some sort of weird inside joke with the owners or if the place is haunted.














We decided to leave the creepy doll alone and we left for dinner Friday night, when we came home the doll mysteriously moved. I just told myself that it must have fallen over.














But just to be safe, David got up there and laid it down so that we couldn't see it anymore. I kept thinking I'd wake up and find the doll sitting outside our bedroom door. Seriously-it was really strange. But we survived, the creepy baby doll left us alone :)

We came home today and decided to bust out the new Christmas tree. Last year after Christmas we snagged a new tree for only $50. Nothing was wrong with our current tree, but the new one seemed to be a bit fuller and since I love a bargain we snatched it up. We put it up while Benjamin was napping and I expected him to be in awe of the magical tree that mysteriously showed up in his living room, but nope...he was more interested in our ipod. Crazy kid!



















And here she is in all her glory! For the past several years David and I have done a colored theme with the tree. For a couple of years it was silver and red and then we switched over to gold and bronze. But this year we went for a more homely look and put a lot of our childhood ornaments and a mix & match of colors. I think it's the best tree to date! I Love it! And yes-that is the same tree skirt I wore to work a couple of weeks ago :)



















Oh, and I tried a new recipe tonight. It's from Gina's Skinny Recipes: Low Fat Baked Ziti I really liked it. I think next time I might add some red pepper flakes to give it a little extra kick
Yummmm....look at all that cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment