Monday, January 23, 2012

Finger Paint = Epic Fail

I had grand plans for Benjamin last weekend. We went shopping for poster board and finger paint. I envisioned him making master piece after master piece but that was far from what actually happened.
First, we had to come home and put him down for a nap. I guess shopping just sucked the energy right out of him. While he was sleeping I prepped his little table. I taped the poster board down, laid a towel under the table and put a trash bag over his chair, I was ready to go. But I had to wait for not one, not two but THREE hours later for him to wake up. I kept asking David-should I go wake him up? He always replied...Uh-no, I don't think so.
Finally at 6:30pm he woke up and we brought him out to become the little Picasso I knew he could be.

Here he is with the paint after 3 seconds
Notice the mouth hanging wide open. Anytime he tries to focus on something, the mouth is wide open. It's so cute!














And here we are 5 seconds in...finger in the mouth














I tried to show him how to do it, but as you can see he clearly wasn't interested














But don't worry, I haven't given up hope yet on my little artist. We'll try it again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment