Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Toy Box

It was recently brought to my attention that I never gave David the full credit that he deserves on the amazing toy box that he made WITH HIS OWN TWO HANDS :) I really thought I had posted something about it already. I even got out of bed last night around 12:30am and pulled up the blog to double check b/c I was just so sure that I already posted about it and couldn't stop thinking about it (yes, I am that crazy). But Nope, I was sadly mistaken. There wasn't a toy box post to be found :(

So here we go...The making of Benjamin's Toy Box

The Frame















And with the floor and side boards















A peak inside. This thing is solid, David and I both jumped up and down and it didn't budge at all. This sucker is going to be around for a long time. It needed to be sturdy because Benjamin is a full blown destroyer. He LOVES to bang on things. He'll take whatever he can get his chubby little baby fingers on and just pound away. I think we might have a drummer on our hands.














And the thing that melted my heart the most...
That sweet little note David wrote inside. "Merry Christmas 2011, Love Dad" Seriously, Adorable!














David debating on whether to stain the box or paint it. I'm SO happy he decided to stain it. I just love the color!














Benjamin checking out his toy box Christmas morning. I think he Loves it :)














I'm so proud of David, he did such a great job. And it was so cute to see how much fun he had building it. Now he's talking about building a desk for me. Heck Yeah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment