Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Menu Planning

We started planning out our meals for the week on Sunday and making one trip to the grocery store for everything we'd need for the next 5-7 days. This will be the third week we've done it and let me tell ya...It's made a HUGE difference in our week nights.
I used to go to the grocery store multiple times a week and it was so draining. I only get a few hours with Benjamin Mon-Fri after work before he goes to bed and the last thing I want to do is spend that time at the store.
It's made things so much less stressful, plus I've been finding new recipes and trying them out (at least 1-2 new meals a week)

Our Menu for this week
  • Tacos (which Benjamin tore up last night. I was surprised, he ate the whole taco shell and everything inside)
  • Chicken, Rice and Broccoli Bowl (I'm using a new recipe for this one)
  • Meatloaf, roasted sweet potatoes and Broccoli
  • Chicken skewers with grilled peppers
I only have four meals this week b/c it never fails, there's always one night we end up doing something simple like a sandwich or cereal for dinner.

I'm looking for more suggestions. If you've got a favorite recipe-please pass it on. Anything that's appropriate for a week night dinner and somewhat on the healthy side. Just leave a comment on this post with the recipe or the link :)

And just b/c a post without a picture is sad, here's a picture from last weeks menu














It's Tilapia, roasted asparagus and potatoes.

Unfortunately, we've realized David has developed a fish allergy so it'll prob. be a while before I make fish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment