Sunday, March 25, 2012

Benjamin's first day of school

A lot of you already know that David and I have recently been on the hunt for the perfect Daycare for Benjamin.  We have been so very fortunate to have Aunt Alison watch Benjamin but the time has come to part ways.  Alison has watched Benjamin since he was almost 3 months old so it’s pretty safe to say she’s been a big part of his life.  
I remember the last two weeks I had at home with Benjamin on maternity leave like it was yesterday.  To say the thought of leaving my baby to head off to work as being difficult would be a huge understatement.    I remember absolutely dreading the thought of leaving him.  I’m talking daily sob sessions but then I was always easily comforted knowing he was going to be with family that would love on him all day long.  The first day away was definitely rough but I managed to only call to check on him once, not every hour like I had  originally planned :)

This is definitely a big transition but we’re all very excited about it.  We made the decision to enroll at Hope Academy.  They opened their first branch in Creve Coeur and have since opened 4 more locations in St. Charles, Lake St. Louis, Wildwood and Ballwin.  The St. Charles location mixes traditional and Montessori programs and I’m so excited to see him learn and grow there.


































Last Thursday was his first day and he did way better than I expected.  He did cry a little bit in the morning but his teacher said it was really easy to distract him and calm him down.  This next week will be his first full week at school so we'll see how things go :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment