Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dresser Update

I really wanted to use drawer liners for the new dresser, even though it seems to be in great condition it still kind of weirds me out to know my stuff will be touching someone elses used drawers. I couldn't seem to find any cute contact paper, so the dresser has been sitting empty since we brought it home.

Then my lovely friend Lauren told me to check out Target.  And guess what people...I found some pretty darn cute contact paper!

I'm very happy I found it but I must admit, I have a love/hate relationship with it.  It is a serious PAIN to cut the right size for each drawer and even more frustrating to lay it down and smooth out any air bubbles.  But I love the final look. Now I don't feel so bad about putting my clothes in the new dresser and I think the design of the contact paper will be cute peeking out from underneath my tee shirts and socks etc.


On a side note...
Can you believe the weather lately?  I love it!  I can't believe we were in the mid 60's yesterday and today.  I love that we've been able to take Benjamin outside to play a lot lately.  And I'm so excited we can start our daily evening walks again.
We took advantage of the weather last weekend and took Benjamin to the park.  He really liked the slides but other than that it was a lot of sprinting from one section to another.  He didn't really stay in one spot for very long.  And he was totally that crazy kid throwing himself on the ground when we tried to leave.  I used to look at parents with kids like that and think...geeeze, get your kid under control.  Oh how different things are now :)  I'll just say we've been doing a lot of time out lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment