Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The best part of waking up...

You all know by now that we're in the process of finishing our basement.  It's going to take a lot of time and since Benjamin isn't a stuffed animal that can just be propped up on the couch and left alone, one of us (that being me) will be left to entertain/play with/feed/bathe etc along with other daily household chores.  So it's going to be tough on both of us.  David will be tired from doing hard work in the basement and I'll be worn out from Benjamins never ending energy :) 
So being the nice guy he is, David said he had a surprise for me but he wanted my input first.  I LOVE surprises and wanted him to just do whatever it was that he was thinking about without bringing me into it because that kind of defeats the whole purpose of a surprise.
He told me that he wasn't going to go through with it unless he talked to me first b/c there were "just too many options"  I finally gave in and asked him to tell me what it was and I got the following email...

I was going to buy you a coffee maker. I figured the next few months will be really rough, especially on the weekends, so I thought I could do something nice for you, something to make Saturday and Sunday mornings a little better when you know that I’ll be working all day and you’ll be taking care of Benjamin.

How sweet is that?!?
I should probably point out that David absolutely despises coffee...seriously hates it.  I thought about putting a coffee maker on my Christmas list last year but decided against it partly because I know he can't stand it.  So the fact that he's not only willing to accept my new love for coffee but actually wanted to buy a coffee maker for me is just awesome.  It's true love at it's finest!
 
So here he is...my brand spankin new coffee maker :)

 
 






























I spent an entire week reading through reviews and talking to experienced coffee drinkers trying to decide what I wanted. I feel like such a grown up with my very first coffee maker :)

1 comment: