Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Another Great Find

David found a new to us Antique store off Olive earlier this week.  And he found some pretty awesome stuff, one of which we brought home with us.

Say hello to the newest addition to our furniture collection.
 Right now she's made a home in our bedroom but I'm thinking it might work out for the next babies room and we can use it for the changing table/dresser.  I love the design of it and it's solid wood which is kind of hard to come by these days.  Intitially my first instinct was to paint it.  I was thinking it would look pretty cool in some sort of grey but the natural finish is starting to grow on me so now I'm not so sure.  David doesn't want to paint it so who knows what will happen.  For now she's giving us some much needed storage in our room which is great because the spare bedroom is about to bust at the seams.  We moved a lot of stuff from the basement into the spare room to clear up as much space downstairs as possible and it's almost impossible for me to get to my old dresser.  I'm now in the process of looking for "cute" contact paper to line the drawers.  I didn't think it'd be this hard to find attractive looking contact paper.  I don't want beige and I definitely don't want white with red cherries!  So if anyone knows where to find pretty contact paper...please let me know! :)

PS
If you're wondering about the random jeep on top of the dresser...that was another antique store find.  David is extremely proud of of it and will not let Benjamin play with it yet so it stays out of reach for now.  Apparently David had a jeep like that when he was younger so he has some kind of childhood attachment to it.  I would say he's crazy but I guess after my pillow person post I should probably keep my mouth shut :)

No comments:

Post a Comment