Thursday, February 23, 2012

Funfetti Chex Buddies

Holy Freaking Cow!!!
This stuff is Amazing!  I saw this earlier today on pinterest and it's the first thing I did after Benjamin went to bed tonight :)  I had to talk myself into putting the lid on the bowl otherwise I could have easily polished it off by myself in a couple of hours.
I will probably bring it into work tomorrow so that I don't embarrass myself and eat the whole thing by myself

























Funfetti Chex Buddies
About 5 cups Rice Chex Mix
Either 10 oz of vanilla bark or just use white chocolate chips like I did (it's all I had on hand)
1 1/2 cup Funfetti cake mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar

I put about 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in with the chips so they'd melt easier. I've scorched white chocolate in the microwave before, the oil seems to help avoid that.  And I also only heat it for 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between.
After the chocolate is melted drizzle it over the chex in a big bowl, stir gently so that the cereal doesn't break.  Then add the cake mix and powdered sugar and Voila!  SOOOOOO Yummy!

4 comments:

  1. You have NO idea!!!! :) I'm eating it right now and most likely have powedered sugar all over my face. I can't stop!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang you Sarah! I saw this on Pintrest and was able to avoid it. Now that I see it again... well you can't expect too much from a 8 month pregnant woman. Mike is out getting the ingredients now.

      Delete
    2. Oh My Gosh...too funny :) I promise you're going to fall in LOVE! This stuff is no joke! I made another batch last night for a party we went to. It was tough sharing it. Let me know how it turned out!

      Delete