Friday, February 17, 2012

Let the Games Begin

I am SOOO happy that we've finally agreed on a floor plan for the basement and can move forward to finish the space downstairs. I have big ideas and can't wait to get started.  I know it's going to be tough, especially with a toddler on the loose. So we'll just have to be patient and work when we can.

The past couple of weekends have been spent going through boxes of junk that I didn't even know we had.  I kept asking myself why I moved this stuff from the house in Florissant almost 4 years ago to our new house.  Did I really need to hold on to those flip flops from 2002?  NO!  Or what about the pink fake hair clips I found.  When and more importantly why did I ever buy that?  We've made a ton of drop off trips to goodwill lately and it feels pretty good to get rid of stuff. Of course I held on to the my most treasured items like the sad pillow person that I've had since grade school.  Sure she doesn't have arms or legs anymore and there are some very questionable stains but I just can't let her go.  So she will stay in a rubber bin downstairs until the next round of purging takes place, maybe by then I'll finally be able to say good bye ( just maybe)
Here's what she looked like brand new














And here she is today.  RIP pillow girl!


David, Brian and Mike picked up the wood last night.  Hopefully we can do the last of the sorting/donating this weekend and can start the framing process.  So I guess it's safe to say we've officially started :)  Our basement smells like a full blown hardware store right now because of all that wood, which I hate but I guess I'll get used to it.
I'm excited to share the progress of this massive project.  Plus it's nice to have before and after pictures.  Just one more thing to add to my scrap book-right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment